Stanford Bio-X supports research and educational opportunities that cross disciplines between the biological or biomedical sciences and fields of engineering, physics and computational science. Encouraging research that bridges disciplines brings together different ways of approaching questions and has resulted in innovations and breakthroughs in our understanding of the human body. Altogether, we have over 1,000 affiliated faculty and more than 5,000 students and postdoctoral fellows, representing more than 70 departments from across Stanford University.
Opportunities for research include:
- the biannual Interdisciplinary Initiatives Seed Grant Program for collaborations among affiliated faculty (NOW ACCEPTING LETTERS OF INTENT!)
- Visiting Scholar or Visiting Postdoc Fellowships to bring high-level early career researchers to Stanford
- PhD Fellowships open to Stanford graduate students (APPLY NOW!)
- the Undergraduate Summer Research Program for Stanford undergraduate students
- Bio-X Ventures to fund large-scale endeavors and resources
- Travel Awards to support PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows giving oral presentations at scientific conferences
Please also explore the exciting Research Partners with laboratories located at the Clark Center.